Seasonally, every year, Walk to School returns in autumn, and Bike to School in the spring. This national event is organized locally by Stakeholders for a Safe Green Village in partnership with the National Center for Safe Routes to School.
Join children & adults around the world to celebrate the benefits of walking and bicycling:
- Bringing a sense of joy and fun!
- Encouraging children’s next stage of independence
- Promoting psychological well-being and alertness
- Fostering maturity and responsibility
- Creating habits of activity, empowerment and thinking differently
- Teaching children an awareness of what’s ahead “down the road.”
Join children & adults around the world to celebrate the benefits of walking:
● Encouraging a child’s next stage of independence
● Physical activity
● Teaching safe pedestrian & bicycling skills to children
● Awareness of how walkable & bikable community improvements can be made
● Concern for the environment Reducing traffic congestion, pollution & speed near schools
● Sharing time with community leaders, parents & children
● Creating joy and fun!
● Promoting psychological well-being and alertness
● Fostering maturation and responsibility
● Creating habits of activity, empowerment and thinking differently
Sponsors for Bike to School, May 2016, include: